Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day 10 - Bug bites, sunburns & bruises

It was hard to roll out of bed so early this morning, especially considering how sore and tired I am. However, by looking at my legs, I can tell it was a successful trip- I can tell you how I got all my bruises from the different activities we did. We left the hotel at 5 AM and we were off for our last adventure on the crazy Costa Rican roads. It only took us about 15 minutes to get to the airport, even with a detour off the highway. We got our bags and said goodbye to Choco.
We found out that our flight was delayed an hour and 15 minutes upon our arrival. This gave us plenty of time to get through security, grab breakfast, and get in some last minute shopping. We also had a lot of time for security at the gate; in Costa Rica, they check your carry-on thoroughly before you get on your flight. We had to throw out any drinks that we purchased in the airport and we had to be checked with a metal detector again. Sam and I got called away to be screened for explosives, so that was fun.

Everyone agreed that the flight back to the States was much longer than the flight down to Costa Rica. I know they are all probably anxious to get back. It didn't help that it took us nearly 2 hours to get through customs, immigration, bag check, and security again. It also didn't help that we had to be in Dallas for 6 hours- and then our flight got delayed.

It was WONDERFUL to arrive back in Cleveland and be greeted by everyone's families.  Mrs. Wooden and I cannot thank you enough for such a great trip.  Our jobs were a lot easier because we had such polite, well-mannered students!  I'm glad that I got to know you all better and I hope that you all enjoy the rest of your summers :)  Pura vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment